OpenOMF is a Open Source remake of "One Must Fall 2097" by Diversions Entertainment.
Since the original DOS game from 1994 still uses IPX networking and is a pain to set
up, the community needed a better solution to keep playing the game we love. Together
with networking, we try to make it easier to play One Must Fall in original glory on
multiple platforms (Linux, Mac OSX, Windows, BSD to name a few).
- At first, as faithful a game binary to the original as possible. When this is reached, we can work on new features.
- Better game controller support (new gamepads etc.)
- Better networking support. The original game used IPX/SPX networking, which can nowadays be emulated on eg. dosbox. However, dosbox IPX/SPX routing is annoying to set up and the original game will run slowly on it.
- More network game types. For example full Internet tournaments are being planned.
- Support for new graphics and audio. The current version of OpenOMF already supports loading alternate music files. Support for alternate sprites is coming after the game is otherwise working okay.
- Enhanced tournament mode!
- Enjoying challenges in reverse-engineering and coding :)
Our latest releases are always available at
Join us on Discord if you want to get in contact with us.